8 Things You Need to Specify to be Covered.

Some categories of property are not protected under either building or contents cover unless they are specified.

Unlike moveable equipment the below list represents property that is fixed or permanent.

  1. Signage
  2. Playground equipment
  3. Shade sails
  4. Swimming pools
  5. Fences
  6. Sheds
  7. Retaining walls
  8. Driveways / footpaths

For example, a shade sail is not easily moved but they can very easily be damaged in a violent storm; a church sign can’t really go anywhere so it can be a very tempting canvas for graffiti vandals; and a fence is neither part of a building’s structure or within its contents yet they are a part of a site that can suffer damage.

You can get cover for the above types of property but you need to tell RMS about them.

Take action!

If your site has any of the items above then it is worth checking your property’s certificate of cover to ensure that they are listed and correctly valued. If you find something is not specifically listed, then get in touch with RMS and we can help you get that item correctly listed and covered! No question is a silly question, so you’ve got nothing to lose if you talk to us!