Position Vacant – Senior Risk Officer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced and professional senior risk officer has become available at Risk Management Service (RMS). If you like variety in your work, enjoy being challenged and want to be part of a friendly and focused team then this role could be for you.
RMS is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist Church dedicated to helping the church manage all types of risks and administering the church’s insurance portfolio in Australia, New Zealand and most of the South Pacific islands.
Based in Wahroonga NSW, this full-time position requires a self-motivated and well organised individual who has excellent personal and client relational skills and the ability to exercise discernment and judgement. As the Senior Risk Officer you will develop, implement, improve and review the Risk Control services provided by RMS to the church both strategically and operationally to minimise the church’s potential cost of risk.
- Strong commitment and belief in the teachings, values and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Have or be eligible to hold the appropriate Seventh-day Adventist Church licence/credential.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering (preferably Electrical) with 5 or more years’ experience in risk management, asset protection or similar roles.
- Client-focused, an excellent communicator with the ability to build healthy working relationships.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed computer skills and proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Current passport and Australian drivers’ license and willing and able to travel.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the Church and its management throughout the SPD.
- Working knowledge of relevant building codes within the territory of the South Pacific Division.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the implementation of risk management systems and solutions including Risk Management Frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of work health and safety principles and requirements.
For more information and a full job description please email [email protected].
To apply please email a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Email: [email protected].
Alternatively, you can post to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd,
Locked Bag 2014, Wahroonga NSW 2076
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.